In 2004 Eco-TIRAS in partnership with NGOs-members ‘Doctors for Ecology’, ‘Turunciuc’ and ‘Pelican’ realized the IPEP project, coordinated by Eco-Accord (Moscow) to evaluate situation on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) in the Lower Dniester Slobodzea Region and to raise public awareness on POPs issue in the Eastern part of Moldova. The brochure on POPs problem was published.
2004 (Polish project)
In 2004 "Eco-TIRAS" in partnership with Polish NGO ‘The Lower Silesian Foundation for Sustainable Development’ (Wroclaw) and Ukrainian NGO ‘Mama-86-Odessa’ realised joint Polish-Moldovan-Ukrainian project “Odra for Dniester” - co-operation of NGOs, local and state authorities for protection of large European rivers, which had the aim to transfer know how of integrated transboundary river basin management from Odra to Dniester River.
The project results are:
· Enhanced knowledge and know-how of Moldavian and Ukrainian NGOs within the framework of international co-operation for river protection based on the experiences of Czech, German and Polish NGOs.
· Enhanced knowledge and know-how of Moldavian and Ukrainian NGOs about aspects of co-operation between NGO sector and local communities within the framework river management.
· International Conference ‘Integrated Management of Natural Resources in the Transboundary Dniester River Basin is organized in Chisinau, Moldova, in September 2004. ".
· The film about Dniester River is created.
· Permanent co-operation between all involved NGOs is developed.
· The experience of Odra River Commission is studied.
The project is realized with support of RITA http://www.edudemo.org.pl